Tuesday, February 02, 2010

More Vegan Fun



This week has been challenging and rewarding. I traveled to Atlanta and ended up having fish for dinner both nights - not really a vegan option outside of the garden salad. But I made up for it by finding a vegan-friendly place for lunch - the Dynamic Dish. A very cool small place.

I didn't feel very well for about two days after getting back to Colorado. I'm not sure if it was the fish or just general illness. But I'm feeling better now!!

I made a couple of my old vegan recipes this week - black eyed peas with spinach and a little cayenne; tofu and broccoli stir-fry; flatbread with rice-cheese, spinach and garlic... But I bought Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook cookbook yesterday and have many new recipes to try. Today I tried Moby's Vegan Blueberry Pancakes, and they were better than all of the mixes I've tried. His recipe is on Epicurious.

I hope to get to VG Burger in Boulder this week - they are all vegan! I want to support that as best I can.

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend's skiing. Ash had his last day of ski school, so Sean and I hit the slopes in Breckenridge. When we got to the top of the 6-chair, we could see they were just opening the hiking above the Imperial Lift. So up we went - amazing weather and views! Then I had to get the confidence to actually ski down one of the double blacks... :) We chose Snow White and it was pretty horrible - solid frozen chunks of avy debris... It would be epic on a good day - hopefully we'll have one this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home